EFT sessions in Edinburgh , Scotland or via telephone
Short video on how to do EFT
Emotional Freedom Techniques engages the same energy system as that used in acupuncture; instead of using needles however, a gentle tapping method is used on specific acupressure release points on the body. By tuning into a distressing thought and stimulating these acupressure points the energy of the disruption – whether it has resulted in physical or emotional discomfort – is released.
Although this sounds like a strange way of working with issues, EFT is having quite an impact upon the therapy world. Depending upon how experienced the therapist is an 80 – 90% success rate (*see bottom of page) is the norm for a wide variety of issues The reason for EFT’s success is simple – it deals with the distressing feelings at their source and when each aspect of a problem is dealt with thoroughly the results are permanent. As EFT ‘s founder Gary Craig says “The cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the bodies energy system”.
Some features of EFT:
- Revolutionary tool for personal transformation
- Often works where nothing else will
- Improve energy levels and clear stress related ailments
- Release fears, phobias and anxiety
- EFT is easy to learn and self apply so can be used for follow up work at home
- Regular (about 15 mins day) will increase immune system functioning
- Has been well documented to relieve a vast amount of problems and conditions
- Gently releases the trauma of distressing memories
- Dissolves cravings
- Meridian based therapy – involves light tapping on specific acupressure points
The beauty of EFT is that it can respect the privacy of the client – if you do not wish to divulge details of certain memories or the specifics of a problem you do not have to – all that is needed is for you to feel the feeling.
EFT is conducted whilst seated and fully clothed. After an initial discussion of the problem we will begin working through all the aspects of the issue, tapping on the points as emotion is felt.
Some emotions may be felt intensely but the aim is for these to be released as rapidly and gently as possible. EFT can shift through layers of a problem fairly quickly; if the problem is deeply entrenched and has been with you for a long time it may takes several sessions. Also you may find yourself yawning, feeling very thirsty or sleepy as energy shifts and balances within the body.
* Success = permanent clearing of symptoms and naturally occurring cognitive shifts. Traditional “talk” therapies usually have a 30% success rate with issues such as anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, depression, OCD, addictive disorders and many other emotional issues.